Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's All Upside Down

Read Ecclesiastes 10

God has a strange way of flipping things on their head. I'm reading a book for class called Return to Babel and it's a book with people from different nationalities and countries reviewing scripture. It's really interesting. But I had to read some views on Isaiah 52 and one writer wrote how for people to live, someone must die for them, so only death can bring life. This is a concept by God which he took from the world and flipped on its head.

Now we believe that the Bible is full of truth, and is authoritative in nature, the divinely inspired Word of God. so if this is true, then everything leading up to this book is true, and everything after it is true.

Yet we look around the world today and see how the world tells us that everything in the Bible is false, and all those in the world who deny the truth of scripture live contrary to it, so we see all around us the world living on its head believing that it's in the right.

This is what I see in this chapter. It's mainly full of proverbs I suggest you read if you haven't already, and I want you to look at them closely and see what they say. They talk about fools having no sense of direction.

 Do you have direction?
Where are you going in life?

It tells that if someone loses their temper at you just wait them out, they'll calm down. Have you ever seen that happen before? Happens with me.

But the pint where we start to see things flipped in this world is in verses 5-7. 

Mistakes are thrown on the one in charge as opposed to the one who made the mistake
The immature are in high positions
The mature are pushed down
Green boys getting special treatment over the vets

All of this I have seen in my life. I worked at a church for a while and apparently I can't tell my testimony because it's too radical for teens to hear. A parent heard about it and instead of coming to me to talk about it they went and gave the minister above me an ear full. I remember in high school our class president and other student council members spent every weekend in a drunken stupor while the students who were actually leaders and not acting like idiots were told to sit down and shut up and listen to those who did whatever they wanted. I remember at school positions opened and people who had experience applied for them but were pushed aside for younger more pretty faces.

All over we see things flipped contrary to how they should be.

There is more here in the chapter, but this is what stood out to me. Luckily for you, it's an easy read, so I suggest you actually read this chapter and see what God is telling you.

Maybe you need to study more (v. 9)
Maybe you're mixed up in a wrong crowd (v. 8)
Maybe you don't listen enough (v. 14)

Look through this chapter and see what fits you. Be honest with yourself too. Lying to yourself is lying to God, who actually knows all things about you better than you do yourself. So be honest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment