Friday, July 10, 2015

Does whatever a Sandwich can

Last night I went to VBS, then came home, then went and got gas, and finally went to eat dinner. At like 9:30 at night. I went to Primanti Bros. and got a When Pigs Fly sandwich which had turkey, ham, bacon, and an egg on it. It you don't know what a Primanti sandwich is like, it also comes with fries and coleslaw on it and a slice of cheese, all on two thick slices of Italian bread.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it all again... Gotta focus.

But I was sitting there, by myself, waiting for my food to come out and I just got a big smile on my face. No idea why. It was just really odd, just a big smile on my face. I was alone so it wasn't anyone with me. There were people around by they didn't give me a reason to smile. I've only been to Primanti's a few times so it wasn't an incredibly good memory.

But I was just filled with Joy. And I realized my joy came from having God in my life.

My past three weeks have been pretty nuts. Two weeks of camp back to back, then my girlfriend was in town, and finally this week I got back into my routine of regular time spent with God, and I loved it. Getting into his Word, reading, hearing what he has to say to me, I was joyful because of the relation that we have.

Yes, I can always do better. I'll freely admit my prayer life sucks, and it's something I continually try to work on, but it's hard for me. But sitting and reading scripture for a few hours? Love every second of it.

So as I sat there staring at this gigantic sandwich in front of me, with a stupid big smile on my face, I remembered that God has given me freedom from my sin. All because of his love for me and mine for him. We have been reconciled, we've come back together, and we're growing our relationship day by day. And this brings me joy that can't be explained.

Recently I read through Psalm 40. Psalm 18 is probably my favorite, but as of right now 40 is a close second, though I'm only on 44.

But this is what stuck with me in Psalm 40. Verses 6-17 are telling of God's salvation of David. 13-15 talk about how those around him mock him and try to take his life. But then in verses 16 and 17 David says this:
But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD!"
As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me.
You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!

Those that seek God rejoice and are glad in him. My joy comes from seeking God daily. 
I love the salvation he has given me, and daily I say "Great is the LORD!"
I really am poor. And I have great needs. But I take comfort in the fact that God thinks of me and not only that but also takes care of me.
He helps me through all things, and delivers me from my sin.
And in all of this I find great joy.

Seek God daily. Take joy in what he gives, especially your salvation.
Have joy that comes from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment