Monday, April 21, 2014

Making Bank on the Bible

I recently read an article my friend Nate shared with me about how as Christians we lost the culture war.

For those of you who have no idea what that means, basically we don’t control the media nor are we as dominate or have a large effect on the culture. That’s the basics of it.

I was talking to an older person I work with about this, and they say that we haven’t lost, but we are still fighting it. He used examples such as the Bible series that was on the History Channel, the movies Noah, Son of God, and God’s Not Dead, all of which are still in theaters. But it’s interesting to me that these movies came out after the point in time when the article said that we lost the culture war.

I fully believe that we have lost the culture war, and that a new god has taken the place of our God.

Money.

Money is making this world go round at the moment in time. And we worship it, we do anything we can to get our hands on it, because “if God loves us, he’ll show us by giving us money. And we need money to survive.”

Wrong.

If America ended this very second, all that paper in your wallets would be worthless. But we have something worth more than money, we have Christ.

First I want to look at Matthew 6.25-34. (This is when you look it up online or better yet pull out a Bible and read it.

How can that not be more clear? Seek God! And you wont have to worry about money because he will take care of you.

Now don’t misquote me here. Yes, we live in a society where money is needed for living expenses and such. But seek him first, his righteousness, his presence, his kingdom, and he will make sure that we are taken care of.

That’s called faith. Do you have it?

Second I want to look at Matthew 13.44-45 (Again. Read it yourself.)

The Kingdom of God, having God himself in your life is like a guy coming to you and saying, “I got the winning lottery ticket for half a billion dollars after taxes. All you have to do to get it is sell everything you have and give me the money, then I give you the lottery ticket.”

Let me just say I could use that money, and I would take the deal.

But I got a better deal because all I had to do was give up the worst part of me, give it to God, and he gave me himself in return. How much better can that be? Why should I worry about anything else when I have God?

Now what does this have to do with the culture war and making bank?

In all honesty with these movies mentioned above, while they may be great and have a fantastic message, it is still no more than people trying to make money off of our history.

They may do a great job with it, I haven’t seen the movies, so I can’t say one way or another, but either way, odds are money was the prime motivator.

Don’t let money be the prime motivator for your life.


Seek first his kingdom, and his righteousness, and have faith he’ll pull you through.

No comments:

Post a Comment